Are you a 20+/- handicap golfer?
Interested in joining a small group at Willesley Park of friendly, sociable players of similar ability who play for fun with a little wager at stake to keep things interesting?
- We play in the summer, until the clocks go back, April-October, meet approx 12 noon in the clubhouse for tee off at 12.40pm latest on Tuesdays (subject to club diary) and in winter, until the clocks go forward, Oct/Nov-March on Thursdays meet 9.45am in the clubhouse for tee off by 10.10am.
- Attendance is subject to your own inclination and availability– all we ask is that you respond to a weekly email indicating whether you can make it so that the day can be planned and we know who to expect.
- Match format will be varied– Individual, 4BBB, foursomes, Texas scrambles etc
- An annual dinner (partners invited) to award prizes particularly for a winter eclectic competition.
- Annual cup competition
- Away days and weekends are planned—with/without wives/partners. New members to Willesley are particularly welcome and if you need to get to know the course or put cards in to get a handicap we will be delighted to help. We can also help enable you to better understand the Rules of Golf, Golf Etiquette, the various formats of the game and the Club Rules, especially for those new to golf.
In the first instance please contact:-
The Whasers (Willesley Hookers And Slicers) are a friendly group of generally mid to high handicappers who meet up on Saturdays and Sundays for a roll up stableford competition, with the emphasis being very much on enjoying the game and the social side of golf.
We play throughout the year, meeting outside the clubhouse at 08:45 and then heading up to the 1st tee for 09:00 to draw the groups out of a hat.
The format is stableford and we meet in the bar afterwards to ‘settle up’ with the winners of the front 9, Back 9 and overall, plus any birdies are also rewarded.
Anyone is most welcome to join us on a ‘roll up’ basis, with the option of being added to our mailing list for weekly emails, updates and contact with the rest of the group to arrange additional games etc.
We especially welcome new members and regular Whasers are always happy to offer guidance to anyone new to golf. If you don’t have a handicap we will help you with marking cards and give you a temporary handicap so you can join in with the competition on the day.
We run an Order of Merit from January to December, and we also organise ‘away days’ to other courses and the occasional knockout competition.
If you are interested in playing with us then either just meet us at the clubhouse at 08:45 on weekends or send an email to email@example.com or Gareth.firstname.lastname@example.org to check there is a Whasers game on.